SSL Certificate
Tabby (Tabitha) Tabby (Tabitha)

Tabby (Tabitha)'s Blogs

Tabby (Tabitha)
Sorry this note is so late! Mommy's birthday, everything with kitten watching because Mama Leopard (our feral cat) brought her kittens by on Mommy's birthday and they all are practically living on our deck now, it all means writing my note took back stage. That's fine, though, because I love watching the kitten show!

Last Wednesday, when we got on our second bus, the man we sat next to wanted to know all about me and kept waving to me. He has a cat that he absolutely adores, and his wife has a cat, too. The bus driver, however, wasn't impressed with me and told Mommy I smelled up the whole bus! I meowed at him once, right after he made that comment, and everyone on the bus smiled. Mommy replied that I'd had a bath the day before, and that at least cats didn't smell as bad as wet dogs!

We were early, so we ended up walking from the Rose Quarter/Rose Garden Arena to the Walgreens to do some shopping. At Walgreens, a lady saw my stroller and picked up a Snoopy doggie toy they had on sale, bringing it over to us and pointing it out to Mommy. Mommy smiled and said that would be a great toy, if I were a dog! The lady smiled and looked more carefully, giggling, then took the toy to buy it for her own doggies at home. It was a cute toy, but not one I would like to have. We also heard about a new baby chihuahua that just got adopted.

After the store, we walked to H. My friends had bought my book! Smile >^..^< Mommy signed it and I pawtographed it by pressing my paw onto a stamp pad and then onto the book. Smile I don't like to have anything goopy on my paws, but Mommy cleaned it right off so it wasn't too bad. I didn't want anyone touching my paw pads for the rest of the day, though! We love my book, and the residents love it, too. They had it read to them a few days before, when it came, so we got to hear how much they enjoyed it!

I went upstairs to visit, and got mobbed in the tv room! T., G., H., S., M., and a few others were there, waiting for me. I made a new friend, B. She fell and broke her arm, so she's there for a little while until she recovers. She cried as she petted me and talked to me, because she missed her little doggie that went to the Bridge a few months ago. She apologized for crying, but Mommy told her that she totally understood and that it was good for her to cry. I snuggled in, then sat on her walker seat for a bit as well. She had a Fig Newton wrapper, but didn't have any left to give me. I looked over at G., but she didn't have any either. That treat was GOOD last week!

I sat with G. for a few minutes, then went over to see T. and S. I rolled around on T.'s walker seat again and rolled off again! Surprised, I shook my head while everyone laughed. Why, oh why can't I remember that it's not a solid back?! I sat on S.'s lap, then went over to see M. and let her pet me. I haven't seen her in a while, so I was really happy to see her again. Then, I decided it was time to leave the tv room, so I walked out, Mommy following with my stroller.

A lot of my friends were either off doing other things or sleeping, but I got to visit with a lot of people anyway. I saw B. again, because she'd gone back to her room. She was happy that Mommy was writing down my adventures, and wondered if she'd be included. Of course you are, B.! I don't know if you'll read this, or have it read to you, but I loved visiting with you! *headbonks*

D. was walking in the hallway, so we stopped to visit with her. Mommy asked if she was trying to go to her room, or where she was going, and she told us she just wanted to walk for a while. Good for her! Smile I sniffed P.'s feet, making her smile.

We visited with a few people another floor, too. They'd requested that we visit them. One lady wasn't ready for our visit, because she was taking a nap, but she got up and let us in anyway. She liked seeing me, but we'll come back another time when she's more ready for a visit. A man whose family had requested a visit smiled when he was told who was visiting, and fixed his hair for us. He was happy to have me come in and see him! Another lady, whom we'd visited with before, was so very glad for my visit. She'd missed me! I lay down on the arm of her recliner and let her pet me and snuggle me, then lay down on her lap. Mommy took her hand and moved it over my stripes while she described me to the lady, who is almost totally blind. Then the lady petted me and told us stories about the kitties she used to have.

After we got off our last bus going home, Mommy would NOT let me walk! I usually walk at least a third of the way home from the cross street to our driveway, but she wouldn't unzip the stroller! She said we didn't have time. Then, it started to rain, so I was just as glad I wasn't walking in that rain. I did get to walk up the stairs by myself, though. I absolutely LOVE stairs!
Tabby (Tabitha)
Wow, such a busy day! I was half-snoozing under the folding chair when it was time to leave, so Mommy had to pull me out of my nice, snug cave to put me in the stroller. Missy just looked at me, interested in what was happening, but Heimdall wanted to come with me! Mommy told him he'd have a turn in the stroller when we came back. He loves to ride around the house in it. Smile At the marsh right by our house, I saw a mama duck with two little baby ducklings! Nice! The mama was teaching them how to give themselves baths.

On the MAX train, a boy in a wheelchair got on with his nurse. It took a few minutes for the nurse to realize that I was a cat instead of a human baby, mol, but then she wanted to pet me. Mommy told her it was ok, and asked if the boy wanted to pet me as well. When the boy nodded, I got to sit on his lap. He was wearing this huge raincoat that covered his chair as well, kind of like a big, zippered bag, so the nurse unzipped it for him and then he could pet me. I wanted to snuggle in his coat! Smile Nice and warm! He loved me doing that!

At H., Mommy showed my friends in the office a flyer of my book, and they looked at the website for it. They love that I have a book now! They may even order it for the library there! If they do, I'll paw-sign the copy and Mommy will sign it, too. Then we went up to see my other friends.

D. rode up in the elevator with us, and was really glad to see me. Then, S. was waiting patiently in the lobby when we got off the elevator. She comes from another floor specifically to see me on my visiting days! She used to feed a feral cat when she had her own room, but can't anymore. I purred for her and Mommy talked with her about her previous cats. We went into the tv room to see T., and I sat on T.'s walker again. I wanted tummy rubs, so I rolled over, and fell off! I had thought that the walker bag was solid, but I rolled right through it! I landed on my paws, shook, and looked up at Mommy and T., wondering what happened! Mommy told me and made sure I was ok, then I jumped in my stroller and onto T.'s lap again. MOL! G. was very happy to see me, too, and she had a yummy treat for me. It's called a fig newton, and I ate a quarter of it! *licks lips happily* I ate it right out of her hand while she smiled at me! Totally made her day, as well as mine! In R.'s room, there were two loud monsters, one near R. and one near the other lady. I kept looking back and forth between them, then I started telling the closer one off for being so loud! I don't like those monsters. Mommy called them oxygen machines.

After visiting, we went to the pet store and they put the flyer for my book on their bulletin board. The owner was quite impressed that we wrote a children's book! Smile >^..^< When we got on the MAX to go home, there was a lady who is moving to Portland with her two cats and looking for housing that will allow pets. She loves the stroller idea, and loved petting me and talking with Mommy. Another lady on the bus talked with Mommy about therapy pets vs. service animals, and regulations for each, because her autistic son is going to college next fall and loves cats. She didn't know that cats could be service animals for autistic people, so Mommy told her to check out the Service Animal Registry of America page to find trainers and more information. They certify many different kinds of service animals, and also certify therapy pets even though we are not service animals.
Tabby (Tabitha)
What, you mean it's my birthday again already???? Wow! Mommy says I'm 6 years old today. I don't feel like I'm 6 years old! Today, I'm going to sleep on top of the folded laundry on the dresser until Mommy gets up, then I'll watch for Tuxie & Leopard to come eat while I eat my breakfast. After napping a bit more, I'm going to play with Heimdall, Freya, Little Bit, and maybe our foster cat Missy if she wants to play. Then, I'll nap with Mommy when she takes her nap. After that, who knows what I'll do for the rest of the day? Probably more of the same. If it's nice weather, Mommy will take me out for a birthday stroll like she did yesterday. Well, yesterday was my visiting day, but I walked almost half a block y myself on the weay back! It was just such a nice day to walk and feel the sun on my fur! I'll write about my visit later on today.


Tabby (Tabitha)
So sorry this note is a week late, but we've taken in a new foster kitten named Missy, so Mommy's been busy with the little one. Hey, I'm a torbie, too, so I finally made her type out my note!

Last Wednesday, when Mommy said it was visiting day I went to eat one more bite of food and then she put me in my stroller and away we went! One of the bus drivers laughed at my stroller, because he'd never seen a cat stroller before. I just looked at him and meowed!

At H., my friends who normally greet me before I start working weren't there, but I saw someone else I knew. Then, I went up in the elevator to do my rounds. P. was sitting by the fishtank, and giggled when I paid more attention to the fishies than to her. But they were interesting! Then I went over to see D. on the other side of the wall, and saw more fishies! A big, black one was waving its tail just out of reach, taunting me!

T. was sitting in a chair with her walker in front of her when I strolled up. She invited me onto her lap, so I hopped up, but then I noticed her walker. I walked on her lap to her knees, then jumped over to the seat on her walker and curled up. She loved it! She kept telling me how everyone loves me. <3 <3 <3

Some people were sleeping, and others were not there, so we didn't visit as much as I'd have liked to. We did see one new person, though. H. (the person, not the place) has a new hip replacement, so she was in bed with a bag of ice on her leg. She was sooo glad to see me! She lives on one of the other floors, but because of her surgery she was on our floor for recovering. I curled up inbetween her feet for a bit, then walked up and sat on her so she could pet me. Then back to her feet. Her daughter, C., came in for a visit after a while, and was glad to see me there! C. had seen "Tabby the Cat" on the schedule for the floor, and wondered what that could be! It was me! Even when H. gets better, she may still come down to see me on my visiting days. Purrrrrrrs!
Tabby (Tabitha)
Wow, today was so warm that I didn't need my extra coat! I had a snuggle blankie, though. On the first bus, I heard about a cat who went through a dryer and lived, and one that didn't. Please be careful that your pets don't get into your laundry as it's going into the washer or dryer! The first bus driver wasn't sure he could let me on the bus in my stroller, so he kept on calling his boss on the radio to make sure it was ok to have me riding in my zipped-up stroller. He'd never seen a stroller designed specifically for pets before. On the second bus, I heard all about a bird that lived at a nursing home. It would fetch slippers, put itself in "time out", and greet all the residents by name. Wow, that's one smart bird!

I met some new friends today, and one lady came down from her room on another floor specifically to visit with me! I sat on laps, made nests on beds, and got lots of pets, chin scritches, and tummy rubs. Yay! I was kind of sad, though, because a couple of my friends didn't want to visit with me today. Mommy and S. asked them if they'd like to see me, and they said, "No, not today." G. didn't know I was there to visit with her. She thought that S. was asking if I was her cat, rather than asking if she'd like me to visit. When we left, the receptionist thought that I might not be feeling well because I curled up in a fur circle in my stroller. Mommy tried to explain that visiting takes a lot out of me, but we don't think the receptionist quite got the idea. No, I wasn't sick, I was just very tired!

After we got off the last bus, I jumped out of the stroller and walked alongside Mommy, looking at the grass, road, sidewalk, marsh, and everything else around me. I walked a long way! Mommy took some good pictures of me, and the tip of my tail was wagging in excitement!
Displaying 1 to 5 of 6